We arrange events and activities to enable people to discover, enjoy and protect the heritage of this beautiful landscape.
Our events are open to all members normally free of charge, and often open to members of the public who are interested in finding out about the area. We actively use Eventbrite, and ask those who wish to attend to register so that we can ensure the correct safeguards are in place.
At present we are allocating the task of events organisation to one Trustee per month, so we can take advantage of our Trustees skills and interests…..we hope you will enjoy the varied events calendar.
Post Covid, we hope to work closely with the AONB Out and About Programme, to add the events we feel will be of interest to our members, more widely on our own Events calendar.
If you have any ideas, or would like us to consider organising something on your wish list, which reflects our aims of sharing the AONB – please contact us and we will endeavour to make it happen.
Rydym yn trefnu digwyddiadau a gweithgareddau fydd yn galluogi pobl i ddarganfod, mwynhau a diogelu treftadaeth y dirwedd hyfryd hon. Rydym hefyd yn hyrwyddo digwyddiadau tebyg eraill yn yr ardal.
Mae’r holl ddigwyddiadau’n rhai cyhoeddus, ond gofynnir i unrhyw un sy’n dymuno gwneud hynny gysylltu â ni.
Thomas Telford Talk, Explore and Optional Walk
June 8 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
Join us for a talk on Thomas Telford for an hour before departing in a mini bus (provided by Friends) to Chirk Aqueduct and Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.
Meet at the Trevor & Garth Community Centre for 9.30am where Ron Williams will provide a talk on Thomas Telford for an hour before departing in a mini bus (provided by Friends) to Chirk Aqueduct and Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.
On arrival at Chirk Aqueduct, Ron Williams will provide a guided tour for an hour allowing time to explore this 710 foot (220 m) long aqueduct completed in 1801 by William Jessop and Thomas Telford.
At 12noon the mini bus will then depart for Froncysyllte. Members will have two options on arrival at Froncysyllte;
- alight and join Ron Williams for a guided walk along the canal path to UNESCO World Heritage Site, Pontcysyllte Aqueductor;
- remain on the mini bus until Pontcysyllte Aqueduct carpark and explore accordingly.
The Trevor & Garth Community Centre is a short 5 minute walk back to your car after your visit to Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. The event is due to finish around 1pm.
The event is FREE but donations are always welcome. Please register your attendance on the link below:
- Participants may wish to bring refreshments/ lunch or purchase at the Aqueducts’ visitor centres.
- The route is along paths and tracks. Paths are generally good but there are some sections that are uneven and rocky underfoot and which may be muddy and slippery in poor weather.
- The accessibility of the walk is easy to medium grade.
- Participants will need to dress appropriately for the terrain and weather.
- Mini bus transport is FREE, paid for by Friends.